When you're the front-runner, you get to set the agenda -- at least on things like debates.
And today, the Romney campaign said its candidate would be participating in six debates between now and the run-up to Iowa and New Hampshire. The six, per its press release:
• August 11, 2011: Iowa Debate Sponsored By FOX News And The Republican Party Of Iowa (the Washington Examiner is also co-sponsoring the debate)
• September 7, 2011: Simi Valley, CA Debate Sponsored By NBC And POLITICO
• September 12, 2011: Tampa, FL Debate Sponsored By CNN And The Tea Party Express
• September 22, 2011: Orlando, FL Debate Sponsored By FOX News And The Republican Party Of Florida
• October 11, 2011: Hanover, NH Debate Sponsored By The Washington Post And Bloomberg
• October 18, 2011: Las Vegas, NV Debate Sponsored By CNN And The Western Republican Leadership Conference