It’s Tuesday, and in this mid-term election year that means it’s almost certain that voting is going on somewhere in the United States. The primary season is well underway, and this week brings contested races in Mississippi, New Mexico, and Alabama to watch. We previewed the races this morning in First Thoughts.
Here's an expanded look at the story lines and questions to keep an eye on as results roll in:
1. Could Alabama take a step toward electing its first black governor?
2. Will Griffith go the way of Specter?
3. How will a GOP establishment pick fare in Mississippi?
4. How much of a boost are ads worth in Alabama?
5. Will Republicans position themselves to flip the New Mexico governor’s mansion?