NBC News has issued a series of projections for gubernatorial and senatorial races as well as state initiatives: Democrat Chet Culver is the projected winner of Iowa's governorship, Democrat Bill Ritter is the projected winner of Colorado's governorship, and Republican Linda Lingle is projected to be re-elected as Hawaii's governor.
Nevada Republican John Ensign and Hawaii Democrat Daniel Akaka are projected to win re-election to the U.S. Senate.
Here's a rundown of the initiative projections:
- Montana: Yes on Initiative 151 (raising minimum wage)
- Wisconsin: Yes on Referendum 1 (defining marriage)
- Michigan: Yes on Proposition 2 (affirmative action)
- Colorado: No on Amendment 44 (marijuana)
- Arizona: Yes on Proposition 202 (raising minimum wage)
- Arizona: No on Proposition 200 (voter reward)
- Tennessee: Yes on Amendment 1 (defining marriage)
- Ohio: No on Amendment 3 ("Learn & Earn")
- Ohio: Yes on Amendment 2 (raising minimum wage)
- Virginia: Yes on Amendment 1 (defining marriage)
- South Carolina: Yes on Amendment 1 (defining marriage)